The Oregon Furniture Manufacturing Co. Block, shown at left as the "salesrooms," was built in 1881 on First Street between Taylor and Salmon. The cast iron columns at the front entrance were of the same design as those used in the Union Block two years earlier. The company had previously been run entirely out of the 1875 Strowbridge Building, but had expanded enough to require new space.
Bosco-Milligan Foundation Collections
|Union Block||former headquarters: Strowbridge Building|