65 SW Yamhill
Cast-Iron Manufacturer: Unknown
Built as a unified block of separate store fronts by three owners, these buildings started to take on their own personalities over time. In the beginning, the iron work of all three matched that of the Pearne Building down the street.
In 1884, two additional floors of a huskier design were added to the van Rensselaer Building. However, by 1976 only one pilaster remained and 11 synthetic (fiberglass) pilasters were added to help restore the building’s symmetry and original character.
Photographs by Kevin Costello
|Nearby: Harker Building||Historic Advertisement showing van Rensselaer Building||Nearby: Pearne Building|